The ICE Publishing 2012 Complete ebook Collection
The largest civil engineering ebook collection in the world
ICE Publishing is delighted to announce the launch of the 2012 Complete ebook Collection, which is now accessible on the ICE Virtual library. Click here to go to the collection page.
With over 1000 books added in 2011, the collection will comprise of over 1300 ebooks and is the largest civil engineering ebook collection in the world. This collection includes all of our new 2011 titles including bestsellers such as Construction Practice, Asset Management and Initial Professional Development for Civil Engineers and our 2012 books when published. Invaluable information from the ICE Conference Proceedings titles is also exclusively available for those with access to the 2012 collection.
Benefitting from the stunning works of history’s experts, the collection includes the reports of John Smeaton, who first coined the phrase civil engineering in 1760; biographies of engineers like Robert Stephenson and William Fairbairn; standard texts on rivers and harbour engineering by the Stevenson family; specialist advice on the design of gasholders; and early works on the strength of materials by Peter Barlow and William Unwin. There are important reports that led to the improvement of public health in London through a comprehensive sewerage scheme, and accounts of river improvements on the Mississippi. The 1300 titles recently added reflect the development of civil engineering from its eighteenth century origins through till the end of the twentieth century.
The titles will be of interest to engineers involved in maintenance of infrastructure, researchers and students requiring both a modern and historical perspective and academics interested in the history of engineering.
This powerful resource has been created with the user in mind, allowing you to benefit from:
• indispensable, handpicked content – whether you are interested in the whole collection or a single chapter, you only pay for what you need
• easy purchase - top-up files available for the 1300 new books added in 2011 to complete your collection
• varied access options – subscription or purchase, you choose the option that suits you best
• everything you need in one place – fully integrated into the existing ICE Virtual Library platform to save you time and effort, whilst keeping you ahead of the competition
• enhanced discoverability - MARCUK and MARC21 records will facilitate your access to the content
• fully searchable content – enabled through full XML tagging, allowing you to find the must-have information you need instantly.
This unique collection, which spans over 100 years worth of leading research and practice, is exclusively available through ICE publishing. Don’t miss this opportunity to access the works of renowned engineers of the past and learn from today’s industry leaders.
To find out more about the ICE Publishing 2012 Complete ebook Collection including details on our 10% pre-publication discount email our sales team on email@example.com.